Monday, September 20, 2021

I want to visit Tokyo.

I miss writing, but I don't have anything amazing to write right now. That's why I'm here again. I like my sandbox. Sometimes, I miss second life and all the time I used to have, and all the friends I had there. I used to enjoy solitude there. I've forgotten how to enjoy it. 

I used to fly around. I used to build things. Now, I walk around. I draw things. I rarely write for me, unless it's something I've written around my doodles. I've forgotten how to express myself freely with words. I think doodles and colours have taken the place the words used to have once. 

I've probably never talked about my love for movies by Studio Ghibli on this blog, or on any blog for that matter. Those movies made me want to learn the Japanese language. I had even started learning it on Duo Lingo but I got bored too soon. I couldn't concentrate. I find it difficult to concentrate nowadays. I think it's mostly the result of the addiction to all these social media sites. To be precise, just one social media site - Instagram. I don't hate it though. It still helps me express myself through doodles. It gives me space. Even though what I draw doesn't reach many people. I mean, it reaches around 100-200 people but only around 15-20 of them interact with it. 

So, yes. Japanese movies. I also watched other Japanese animated movies, and some live-action ones too. I also watched a show called Giri/Haji (Duty/Shame), and I absolutely loved it. I haven't talked to many people about this show, because I don't know if they would like it as much as I did. I am also watching a show called Kotaro Lives Alone. It's KAWAII! 

Watching all these shows on Netflix and other sites, the internet has now started recommending more Japanese content. I even watched a documentary made on the work of Hayao Miyazaki (one of the founding members of Studio Ghibli). The docuseries is called "10 Years with Hayao Miyazaki"; it's on NHK, and it's free to watch right now.

Just as I'm writing this, I'm thinking of watching this series called "Midnight Diner" on Netflix. I have no idea about this show at all. I haven't even watched the trailer. I haven't read the plot. But I want to watch it. It begins with series of shots of Tokyo. I've watched videos of Tokyo in many other movies and TV shows. I think I've also watched glimpses of the city in videos of an Indian YouTuber called "Rom Rom Ji", who documents his life in Japan. So, now I want to visit Tokyo. There's nothing more that I'd want to write here. 

That's all! 

ありがと

(^_^)


     

No comments:

Post a Comment